Call For Entries!
Share Your Talents Three Ways!
We hope you have been making plans to attend the 2012 GNSI conference at the Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) in Savannah, Georgia! In addition to a great lineup of presentations and workshops, camaraderie, exciting field trips, and general fun, there will be three opportunities to showcase your work to GNSI members and the Savannah community.
1. ANNUAL MEMBER'S EXHIBIT: held at the Pei Ling Chan Gallery and Garden for the Arts. This is a beautiful gallery complete with a courtyard to hold our reception. This will be a juried exhibit open June 30 - July 21. (note: this date is printed incorrectly on the mailed announcement)
2. SMALL WORKS EXHIBIT: images 9x12 framed, will be showcased at the Jepson Center, in the Telfair Museum, the oldest museum in the South. This juried exhibition provides the opportunity to showcase works whose beautiful qualities can be lost when displayed with works of larger scale. The exhibit will be open July 7 - August 6.
3.MINI WORKS EXHIBIT: these are the non-juried, traditional (but renamed) tiny works created by you this past year- inspired by the 2011 conference in Olympia, WA. We encourage you to offer these works to the auction to help raise funds for the Guild and its Education Fund.
Can't make it to the conference this year? Can you still submit artwork?? Why of course!!
Please send your entries and view the accepted work on the conference website!
-Jamie Guth, Exhibit Coodinator
ELIGIBILITY: OPEN TO ALL MEMBERS
ANNUAL EXHIBIT: Original artwork, gallery quality prints, sculpture, or multimedia of work created either with traditional or digital techniques or a mix thereof; science or nature-related themes. Up to 2 images, Frame Size: up to 44” width.
SMALL WORKS EXHIBIT: original artwork or gallery quality prints of work created either with traditional or digital techniques or a mix thereof; science or naturerelated themes. (NOTE: The Jepson Gallery is open to the public and provides minimal security). Up to 3 images, maximum outside frame dimensions - 9”x12” - no exceptions! Prints must be no less than 80% of original's size.
MINI WORKS EXHIBIT: Any medium; reflect your real or imagined experience at the Olympia Conference; no larger than 3.5” x 4”. 1/8” bleed all around for framing. Entries will be framed at the SCAD frame shop.
Submission Deadline: Entry and form postmarked by March 28, or received by April 2
Acceptance letters delivered by: Friday, May 4
How to submit your entry:
-Digital files preferred: JPG, PNG, or GIF formats.
Maximum of 2560 x 2560 pixels/Minimum of 1500 x 1500 pixels, no files larger than 5 MB each.
-Multimedia entries: SWF or MOV formats
For files over 5MB-CD or File Sharing
-To submit slides: please contact Jamie for information
SUBMIT ENTRIES for the Annual and small works exhibits:
1] By mail:
•Fill out the exhibit entry form, and burn the image files to a CD. Label the CD with your first and last name, and “GNSI 2012 Exhibit.”
• Mail entries to: Jamie Guth (attn: GNSI Exhibit)
• CDs will not be returned.
Postmark deadline: March 28, 2012
2] By email:
• Send an electronic copy of the exhibit entry form plus attached images of the artwork to jg51gnsi@ gmail.com
• Title of email should read “GNSI Exhibits”
Email entries by April 2, 2012
3] By file-sharing:
• Post files to your own website and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your exhibit entry form and the link to the URL of your files
• Use free file-sharing websites such as www.dropbox.com or www.box.net to upload your files, then “share” the files. Don’t forget to include the entry form.
Entries must be “shared” by April 2, 2012